The history of School District #60 dates back to 1874 when Mr. and Mrs. James Breed of Kane County, Illinois, for the sum of one dollar, sold one-half acre of ground on which the schoolhouse was built.
The land from the line of trees just south of the schoolhouse to the south end of the playground is rented from Mrs. Henderson for the sum of $5.00 per year. T
here were no records for the first eleven years of·the school's existence. However, in the year 1885 records show that there were twenty-one pupils enrolled, and in 1888 an enrollment of thirty-three is shown.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #60" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 31.