School District #51 known as "Willow Creek School" was established in 1883. The sod structure was built in the Southeast corner of the W½ of Section 14, now owned by Julius Nemec. In 1885 a frame building was erected on gratis land deeded by Jacob A. and Martha Wolfe, 500 feet East of the original site in Section 20, now owned by Leo Steinbach. The present building 4 miles North and 1 /2 mile West of Prague, Nebraska was built in 1918.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #51 - Willow Creek" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 33.