The first school in Chapman Precinct was organized in 1869. The first meeting was held in Mr. Thomas Chapman's home. Mr. Chapman was elected director and Mr. J. D. Lehmkuhl was elected treasurer. The first schoolhouse was completed and was taught by H. N. Roger in 1870. This school was located in the middle of the section.
This section also includes information on District #32 and District #71
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #44" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 35.