The first school in Wahoo was outside of what is now the city limits. It was a one-room building in the southwest corner of the old town, near what is known now as the Lindau farm.
The first West Ward school was also a one-room frame building on the corner of 6th and Sycamore, one block north of the Court house, facing west. This was built in the late seventies or about 1880. Shortly thereafter a second one-room brick building, still in use was built on the present site in 1903 at a cost of $8000.00.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #39 - Wahoo" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 36.