School District #24 held its first class in 1879, records indicating that 50 students registered, but attendance was poor. The original one room structure (exact size unknown) was located in the same place as our present building, the latter having been completed on October 15, 1888.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #24" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 41.