The beginnings of Neumann High School go far back into the history of the Catholic Church in the Wahoo area. However, in June of 1959 Bishop James V. Casey strongly urged the pastors of the Wahoo Deanery to consider establishing a central high school to serve the area, On April 30, 1960 a letter was sent from the pastors to Bishop Casey expressing a commitment to initiate this program. This was a momentous decision.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "Bishop Neumann H.S." (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 44.