The Memphis School. District #110 was formed in 1891. The land organized to form this district was formerly a part of Districts #3, #5 and #6. The same year the first school building, a one-room structure was erected just west of the present location. The members of the first school board selected Mr. Ed Cullen as the first school teacher and gave him a salary of $25.00 per month.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #110 - Memphis" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 15.