A small white frame building known as District #8 7 opened its doors September 1, 1886 to the children of this Czech community two miles west and one-half mile south of Wahoo, Nebraska. One wonders how this small structure accommodated the attendance which sometimes soared to as many as 40 or 45 children.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #87" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 22.