On January 23, 1875 Mead School, District No. 95 was formed and included Sections 25, 26, 27, 34, 35 and 36. At the annual meeting in 1876 the board voted to build a school house 18' x 36'. At a special meeting bonds were approved in the amount of $600.00 to build and furnish. the school. However the County Clerk informed them that according to law they could not vote a bond of more than $380.00. So they decided to vote the $380.00 and build the schoolhouse for that 1 amount. The one-room frame building was located on the NW¼ of Section 35, Township 15, Range 8 in the village of Mead, known at that time as Alvin. Mr. John Williams, owner of the land deeded one acre to District No. 95 for $1.00.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "District #72 - Mead" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 28.