The construction of St. John's School in Weston was begun in 1954 with the approval of Bishop Louis B. Kucera of Lincoln. Rev. Otto M. Ekhaml was the pastor of St. John's Church at that time. The building consists of a one-story concrete, brick veneer structure having five classrooms, library, office, gymnasium and a convent. The additional rooms in the basement are used as meeting rooms.
Office of the County Superintendent, Saunders County, "St. John's Catholic School - Weston" (1976). Saunders County Bicentennial Educational History. 43.